Saturday, September 18, 2010

History

My History
I began working at The Broadlands Golf Course as the Second Assistant Superintendent under Dan Miller after I graduated from Colorado State University in 2002. After 3 years as the Second Assistant Superintendent I was promoted to Assistant Superintendent under the then Superintendent Brian Ridgway. When Brian moved on to new endeavors I was given the chance to become Superintendent. I have been Superintendent here at the Broadlands since 2005.

During my time as Superintendent I have had the pleasure of watching the golf course mature into Broomfields best golf facility. I am proud to have been a part of a few golf course improvement projects over the years, from concrete cart path construction, to planting over 300 trees, and construction of some new tee boxes. I hope that this blog allows you to get a behind the scene look at what it takes to complete these projects.

Course History
The Broadlands Golf Course was built by Landscapes Unlimited and opened for play in early 1999. Rick Phelps designed a magnificent 7,289 yard par 72 golf course that bends its way through some of the most beautiful rolling hills of the area. The Broadlands is situated on 250 acres of land with 11 bodies of water, 69 bunkers, 3.25 acres of greens, 5.9 acres of tees, and 55 acres of fairways.

The Broadlands is owned and operated by Landscapes Unlimited (LUI). LUI is located in Lincoln, Nebraska and they are involved in Construction, project development, recreational development, and golf course ownership and management.

No comments:

Post a Comment